Case Study: Giveaway Delivers Customers, Web Traffic and Good-Will
Background: Line-X and WGH-FM Radio partnered to give away a truck makeover to someone deserving (in the military, first responder, etc.) by having the audience share a story of why the nominee needed a truck makeover.
Objective: Generate awareness and new leads for a client by implementing an effective cause marketing campaign by means of a contest. Engage the audience with a compelling contest.
- Campaign ran for 4 weeks – including the nominations registration page hosted on the client’s site and promoted by the station via online, social media, on-air and email.
- Line-X chose top 5 nominees – client posted the link for people to vote on the most deserving on their website.
- A unique twist was having the station drive traffic to the client’s website for voting. The station benefited, since entrants registered into the station’s database.
- Line-X selected a police officer as the winner of the campaign and they were notified by an on-air phone call, producing very powerful on-air content.
- The station sent an email to all those who entered and voted with the ‘who won’ info and a special coupon offer from Line-X.
- All 5 finalists received a $250 gift card to spend at Line-X. (And at least one finalist spent over $1,000 with Line-X and has become a regular customer.)
If you would like to learn more about engaging campaigns that generate great results for advertisers and increase your revenue through Presslaff Interactive’s Dat-e-Base platform, contact Michelle Novak today.