Case Study: The Elkhart Truth ‘Got Smart’ about combining Print Advertising and Database Marketing
Background: The Elkhart Truth was facing the challenge of declining sales in an annual special section focused on continuing education and employment options.
Objective: Create an integrated digital campaign to revamp an existing product and generate leads for their advertisers.
- Each year the Elkhart Truth printed a Special Section that featured local educational institutions seeking students for their programs. In 2015, Elkhart included an online survey about specific interests, needs and desires related to continuing education. Offering up a prize as an incentive for audience members sharing their educational needs, they created an online survey. In addition to asking questions about (include some of the topics of the survey), they included opt-ins for additional information from specific local educational institutions.
- This new lead generating component energized both the sales team and the educational institutions to participate in this program, delivering greater results for both the paper and their advertisers.
- Refreshed an existing product
- Grew and segmented the database
- Gathered data used for sales
- 397 qualified leads for advertisers
- Doubled product revenue
- Revenue: $22,000
If you would like to learn more about campaigns like this, or how you can use email marketing to create success at your company through Presslaff Interactive’s Dat-e-Base platform, contact Michelle Novak today.